tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Installation woes
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:32:49 GMT

True, but you can create environment variables that only exist or have a
particular value for a particular console session.

For example, if you have MY_VAR set as an OS-level environment variable, you
can open a console window and change it's value.  When you close the window,
or log off and log back on, the value will be the original value, before you
changed it.

If you want to see what the value is at any given time, just open a console
window and type: echo %VARIABLE_NAME%

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill [mailto:bhalpin@collaborativefusion.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 12:18 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Installation woes

Nathan

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but it seems you believe this variable exists
in the OS without creating it.  I cant speak with 100% accuracy as to winXP,
but in previous versions of windoze, you create the variable, it doesnt
exist until you do.  Go back to sys
props-->advanced-->env variables and there should be a place for adding
new env variables.

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 21:50, Nathan McMinn wrote:
> John,
>
>     Here's the kicker, running SET from the command line (win xp)
> doesn't list JAVA_HOME as an existing env var, neither does sys
> properties -> advanced -> environment variables.  Is there somewhere
> else to look for it?

---