tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Installation woes
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:27:37 GMT

Nope, it doesn't detect a thing, as far as I know.  Check my Win 2000 Pro/XP
Pro HOWTO, I explain everything step by step, and I guarantee it works, I've
used my own HOWTO twice since I wrote it to install JDK + Apache + Tomcat on
various machines.

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan McMinn [mailto:nmcminn@charter.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 5:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Installation woes

I understand this.  Usually, however, the Tomcat install process creates
this automagically.  When it autodetects the location of the jdk, it sets
the java home for you.  I think.  I went ahead and set the variable, and am
having a host of other problems now.  Thanks for the advice though.  If the
install routine is going to detect this, it really should detect all
available jdk's, and allow you to select which one to use.

--Nathan