tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: DTD for server.xml??
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:42:29 GMT

That makes sense.  OK, next question, in a thread started yesterday, it was
mentioned (correctly, I assume) that you could use XML entities to include
external XML files into server.xml.

So, this link came up on Google:

http://tech.irt.org/articles/js212/#example_2

Which leads a person to believe that something like

<!ENTITY vhost SYSTEM "/path/to/tomcat/conf/vhost1.xml">

Then towards the bottom:

&vhost1

would work in server.xml, but it doesn't.  Error:  "Catalina.start:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content beginning
"<!" is not legal markup. "

Is this a futile path, or is it possible to include external XML into
server.xml when server.xml is parsed?  If so, how?

Thanks!

John