tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk tomcat/apache connector issue
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:45:22 GMT

Well, CoyoteConnector can support multiple protocols: JK, JK2, HTTP, HTTPS,
depending on how it's used, what port it is listening on, etc.
CoyoteConnector is enabled by default on port 8009 in Tomcat 4.1.x for
JK/JK2.  If you disable that connector and enable Ajp13Connector (disabled
by default in Tomcat 4.1.x) on port 8009 instead, you can only use JK.

Note that the ApacheConfig auto-gen feature for JK is distinct from the
connector class you are using for JK.  You can use ApacheConfig with
CoyoteConnector, as long as you use mod_jk and not mod_jk2 on the Apache
side.

John