tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Popiol" <vpop...@douwantit.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading to new version of Tomcat
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:40:13 GMT
Thanks Yoav. My problem is that I want to minimize the downtime in the
production system. I can try it in our test server and come up with the
fastest way to do it. There are many dependencies to start fresh,
including conf files, IIS redirector, etc.

Regards
Victor

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 10:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Upgrading to new version of Tomcat

Howdy,
Don't simply copy over the old installation.  Do a clean installation of
4.1.18.  Ensure the installation is OK by checking the servlet and JSP
examples, as well as the manager and admin webapps if you use them.
Then make your configuration file changes (do not copy over the
configuration files from the old version -- make the changes again in
the new files), saving the originals under a different name so that
they're available.  Then deploy your app and test it to make sure it's
OK.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics