tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Single Servlet vs Multiple Servlet
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:09:14 GMT

Struts isn't exactly a JSP framework.  It's a servlet command pattern framework, that happens
to include some JSP tag libraries to make it easier to use with JSP.  But it was explicitly
designed to be agnostic of the presentation method used, and people have used it successfully
with Velocity, XML/XSLT, etc.

The framework is actually pretty simple, so it's worth at least taking a look at it so that
you don't end up just reinventing the wheel.  You may decide to implement your own anyway
for one reason or another, but it can't hurt to check it out and possibly steal some ideas.
:-)
Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863