tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: System.out logs
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:34:50 GMT

System.setOut is obviously part of the JDK and not Tomcat 4. Using a
logger tag won't affect standard output.

Tomcat 4 uses plain old shell redirection to log standard out to a file.
If you think using Sysstem.setOut is a better solution, then go right
ahead, but personally I feel that using shell redirection is both
simpler, and more maintainable.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863