tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Standalone Redirects auto redirects to index.html
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:46:00 GMT
Somebody recently posted a patch to tomcat-dev that is supposed to fix
this.

See
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg38868.htm

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863

www.xyz.com, and displaying the index page.

Anyone know a solution when using Tomcat Standalone

I do not want this effect as I am affraid it will have negative effects
on my search engine placement. SEs often penalize URLs that redirect ...
and since this is my primary domain this is a MAJOR issue.

I was given the advice previously to use a RewriteRule to fix this
problem, but have since been told this is functionality limited to
Apache, and not available to Tomcat.

Thanks.
Neal