tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.19 Alpha released
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:09:12 GMT
Would you (or anyone) know what SSL related bug was fixed in Tomcat 4.1.19?
I have an error in catalina.out "SEVERE: Error in action code
java.lang.NullPointerException  at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(JkCoyoteHandler.java:386)"

I was told this was harmless and that it was an issue with the absence of a
client side cert - I checked bugzilla and it stated this bug should be fixed
in v4.1.18 but someone had the same error message and they were running
4.1.18.  Just curious...

Thanks :)

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Maucherat [mailto:remm@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 8:57 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Tomcat 4.1.19 Alpha released

Tomcat 4.1.19 Alpha is now available for testing.

Changes over Tomcat 4.1.18 include:
- Refactored manager and deployer
- Fix for a SSL related bug
- Jasper will now launch javac in a separate JVM, in order to avoid
problems such as memory leaks and file locking
- New printer frindly documentation
- Support for HTTP/1.1 compression in order to save bandwidth
- Fix for HTTP/1.0 keep alive support (now compatible with ab which
should generate more accurate benchmark results)
- More robust server socket restart code in the event of a critical failure
- Fix administration webapp commit changes

The release notes include the full list of changes.

Downloads:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.19-alpha/

Remy