tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject Placement of Java Bean
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 00:47:09 GMT
Hi all.

I'm still trying to get my Form Validation to work.  The action of my form
is FormValidate.jsp.  Here I use a bean called FormBean.  My code here is:

<jsp:useBean id="formHandler" class="FormBean" scope="request">
  <jsp:setProperty name="formHandler" property="*"/>
</jsp:useBean>

When I try to test the form, I click submit and no matter what I try I get
the same errors:

An error occurred at line: 2 in the jsp file:
/CCPayments/28/FormValidate.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.17/work/Standalone/www.parkingticketpayment.co
m/_/CCPayments/28/FormValidate_jsp.java:43: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class FormBean
location: class org.apache.jsp.FormValidate_jsp
      FormBean formHandler = null;
      ^

I can manually compile the FormBean, so I don't think the problem is with
that file.  FormValidate_jsp.java is being written to the work directory.
The problem seems to be that FormValidate_jsp.java can't be compiled because
it can't find the class FormBean.class.

I'm not exactly sure where I am supposed to place FormBean in order for
FormValidate_jsp.java to find it.  I have tried in the same directory as my
jsp file.  I have tried in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/.
Yet I keep getting the same errors.

Thanks in advance :)

Denise