tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Parse error in application web.xml
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 06:19:20 GMT

Tomcat-3.3.x and above completely ignore the system classpath as far as
webapps are concerned.  All jar files that you want your webapps to see
will have to be in either the WEB-INF/lib of your webapp or in the
designated library directories.  The only exception to this are the Java
runtime classes and jars that you put in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed or
jre/lib/ext which, essentially, make those jars part of the Java
runtime.  However, I don't recommend using those techniques for webapps
unless you want to spend lots of time trying to debug classloader issues

Jake