tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tolles, James" <James_Tol...@mpaa.org>
Subject RE: Multiple Virtual Hosts Single Sign On
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:59:07 GMT
For a 3rd party solution, see:

www.simind.com

We use this with tomcat - plus - works very well.

(If you contact them please tell 'em who refered you. Thanks)

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Soares [mailto:Victor@ci.tigard.or.us]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 3:50 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Multiple Virtual Hosts Single Sign On

Hello,
I have dug through the tomcat-user archives and have seen this question come up several times,
but there was no concrete solution so I'll bring it up again.

For an upcoming project, I am going to have 3 websites. ex:
library.ci.tigard.or.us
police.ci.tigard.or.us
www.ci.tigard.or.us

Each website will have some features that require a login. It would be logical to have the
same username and password for all 3 and even more logical for the user to only have to authenticate
once for all 3 and have his/her session data maintained and available to all 3.

Is there a single sign on solution that would provide that capability?

This concept of single sign on should not be confused with Tomcat's SSO. Tomcat's SSO only
provides SSO for different contexts within one virtual host. This is more of a SSO solution
along the lines of the .net passport.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
- Victor Soares