tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject RE: Can you set a webapp as Tomcat's default page?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:28:56 GMT
I don't believe Tomcat 4.1.x supports servlets as the welcome page - you
could, however, put an index.jsp into your webapp that does a
response.redirect to your servlet.

The Servlet 2.4 spec supports servlets as welcome files.  Can you hit your
servlet if you type it in the URL?

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill [mailto:bhalpin@collaborativefusion.com]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 8:22 AM
To: tomcat user
Subject: Can you set a webapp as Tomcat's default page?

I want to set up my server so that all requests take you to the login
page of my webapp.  I'm pretty sure this can be done fairly easily
however I havent yet figured it out.

Is there an online resource for this or has somebody here done it?

Basically what I've tried thus far is:

1) set the root context in tomcat to my app's docBase.
2) added 'JkMount / ajp13' to webserver config
3) set the default servlet to point to the base servlet of my webapp

This of course doesnt work.

-b