tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Tomcat opens new DB Connections on Restart
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:49:12 GMT
I am using DBCP and a JDBCRealm with Tomcat 4.1.18.  Everytime I re-deploy
my application (using Ant), Tomcat restarts because it detects that classes
have been refreshed.  However, it also created two additional database
connections - so after re-deploying for a long time (an hour) - I get up to
50 connections!  I have added the following settings to my server.xml, but
it doesn't seem to help.

                        <parameter>
                            <name>removeAbandoned</name>
                            <value>true</value>