tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: Tomcat, log4j and strange output log
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:37:42 GMT
You should put log4j in your app/WEB-INF/lib directory as I think it has
static classes internally so if one app configures it one way and something
some other way then only the last app takes effect. If it's in the app lib
dir then the class loader will keep it safe from this stuff.

If you can only see info,warn,error and fatal I'd suspect that the log4j is
configured to info level. Read the docs that come with it to learn how to
configure it.

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: Damien Lecan [mailto:dam@dlecan.com]
Sent: 15 January 2003 17:25
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat, log4j and strange output log

Hi,

I'm using tomcat 4.1.18 and I would like to use log4j in my application.

I decided to put the jar file into the common/lib directory and a
log4j.properties file into my WEb-INF/classes directory.

But at this time, classical outputs from tomcat are changed !

Before adding log4J.jar in common/lib :
15 janv. 2003 18:18:34 org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
15 janv. 2003 18:18:34 org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance

After :
0 [main] INFO modeler.Registry  - Loading registry information
0 [main] INFO modeler.Registry  - Creating new Registry instance

Ok, I thought this was coming from my log4j.properties file, but in fact
not (I removed it, and nothing changed)

More, in servlet, I cannot output debug log, just warn, info and fatal,
except if I also add log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory.

This is not really important for me, but i don't understand why this
both things happen ?

Thanks for your help

Damien Lecan