tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@kief.com>
Subject Re: Antwort: PersistentManager with FileStore
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:55:00 GMT
Dietmar.Mueller@eurotours.at typed the following on 08:56 28/01/2003 +0100
>I want to store session information on filesystem so that it is possible
>for me to
>restart tomcat without loosing all sessioninformations.

First of all, you don't need to use PersistentManager to do this - the default
session manager in Tomcat does this already. PersistentManager is useful
if you want to swap sessions temporarily to disk before they expire, so an
active site can support more concurrent sessions using less memory, perhaps
with very long session expiration times.

>To start tomcat as service with my runtime parameter I use an wrapper
>from "Silver Egg Technology".

Do you have the same problem when you run tomcat straight from the
command line?

>INFO   | jvm 1    | 2003/01/24 12:42:31 | java.lang.NullPointerException
>INFO   | jvm 1    | 2003/01/24 12:42:31 |     at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StoreBase.processExpires(StoreBase.java:293)
>INFO   | jvm 1    | 2003/01/24 12:42:31 |     at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StoreBase.run(StoreBase.java:350)

I've just combed over the source code, and I can't see what would cause this
error. I can't reproduce it even by fiddling with the code a bit to simulate
the failure of certain statements - they variable concerned shouldn't be
able to reach this point with a null value.

If this error only happens with your wrapper script, it must be doing something
weird. Let us know what happens when you start tomcat using "catalina.bat run".

Kief