tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: building native connectors
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:43:17 GMT
Hi Mike -

In compiling openssl, I've had to pass -fPIC into ./config (or
./configure) on the command line. You might look at the files produced
by the config or configure utility and see if any of them have -KPIC
hardcoded.

Regards,

Lajos

Mike Jackson wrote:
> I've been trying to build the native connectors for Apache to Tomcat4.x
> under Unixware 7.1.1 (not available as a binary or at least I haven't found
> them).  I've installed the required gnu tools (automake, make, tar, libtool,
> m4, gcc), but for some reason when I run ant native I'm seeing that it's
> compiling the *.c files with a -KPIC rather than a -fPIC.  I've searched and
> searched and searched some more but as of yet I've been unable to determine
> exactly where it's picking up the -KPIC from.  I've found some instances
> of -KPIC and changed them to -fPIC, but it doesn't seem to help any.
>
> Anyway, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> --mikej
> -=-----
> mike jackson
> mjackson@cdi-hq.com

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL