tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Mod_jk2 config
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:03:24 GMT
Hi Reynir -

Regarding your second question, I put the location of all my images,
css, js files, etc as "/images/*.gif", "/scripts/*.js", "/style/*.css".
I create and populate those directories under Apache's DocumentRoot.
Only the JSP/servlet URLs are directed to Tomcat. That way, when a JSP
or servlet displays a page, all the paths to images, stylsheets and
scripts files will resolve to the server root which is happily handled
by Apache.

Hope that helps.

Lajos

Reynir Hübner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to set the configuration of urls to be mapped down to tomcat programmatically,
when application startsup or something similar to that ?

> I am also wondering if it's possible to map urls that should not be directed into tomcat.

> For example I would like all urls that map onto the pattern /* to be delivered with tomcat,
but all that have endings such as *.jpg, *.gif, *.pdf, etc. to be deliverd with apache.

> Thanx,
> -reynir

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL