tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Virtual Hosts Single Sign On
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:58:16 GMT
Victor -

If you are talking about across different Tomcat instances no, there is
not (unless you want to write your own realm). If you have three virtual
hosts on the same server, the Tomcat SSO solution will support that. Are
you fronting Tomcat with Apache? 'Cause what you could do is have the
three virtual hosts defined in Apache and have individual JkMount
commands to make the correct context(s) avialable to each host. Just a
thought.

Regards,

Lajos

Victor Soares wrote:
> Hello,
> I have dug through the tomcat-user archives and have seen this question come up several
times, but there was no concrete solution so I'll bring it up again.

> For an upcoming project, I am going to have 3 websites. ex:
> library.ci.tigard.or.us
> police.ci.tigard.or.us
> www.ci.tigard.or.us
>
> Each website will have some features that require a login. It would be logical to have
the same username and password for all 3 and even more logical for the user to only have to
authenticate once for all 3 and have his/her session data maintained and available to all
3.

> Is there a single sign on solution that would provide that capability?
>
> This concept of single sign on should not be confused with Tomcat's SSO. Tomcat's SSO
only provides SSO for different contexts within one virtual host. This is more of a SSO solution
along the lines of the .net passport.

> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> - Victor Soares

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL