tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Memory requirements
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:19:30 GMT
Hm, that doesn't make sense. You are sure that it the memory is taken by
the JVM process and not something else? Another thing you could do is
limit the heap size with -Xmx, but I really don't think you need that.
Double check your process memory to verify that it really is Tomcat.

Lajos

Gulay Top wrote:
> Thank you Lajos,
> I tought that might be the problem. So, I reinstalled tomcat, and it is already using
between 1 to 2 GB of memory without any java or jsp files. I only have the default examples
directory. Could I be doing something wrong when I install it? Can it be a configuration problem?
> Gulay
>  Lajos <lmocz@galatea.com> wrote:Gulay -
>
> It entirely depends on what your webapps use. Tomcat by itself can run
> fairly lean - say 20-60 MB of memory. But if your webapp is a hog, like
> say Cocoon ;), you'll need a bunch of memory.
>
> Regards,
>
> Lajos
>

> Gulay Top wrote:
>
>>I like to know how much memory does Tomcat 4.1 needs. When I use it it is talking
up between 1 to 2 GB of memory. What can I do to reduce this. What are the memory requirements
to install Tomcat.

--

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL