tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject strange response.getAttribute problem
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:16:22 GMT
In my index.jsp file, I have the following snippet of code:

<input type="hidden" name="dest" value="<%=
response.getAttribute("dest") %>" />

I'm trying to capture the value of the "dest" URL parameter.  I tried
setting it as an attribute in the response object that redirects to
index.jsp, and that didn't work.  But I thought for sure that if I
hardcoded it into the URL, it would work.  Strangely, if I call
index.jsp with the following URL:

domain.com:8080/webapp/index.jsp?dest=/test/path

Then the JSP renders as such:

<input type="hidden" name="dest" value="null" />

any idea why the GET attribute's not getting pulled into the JSP?

Thanks,

Erik