tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:39:55 GMT
And make sure both your domains are setup correctly in /etc/hosts
(assuming you're on a 'nix). One problem I've seen is that if you don't
have the /etc/hosts correct, Tomcat will default to one of the <Hosts>,
just like Apache will default to the first <VirtualHost> block.

Lajos

Turner, John wrote:
> In server.xml there is an element named Host with a parameter named "name"
> with a value of "localhost".  Within that Host element is a Context for
> "/examples".
>
> In order to get "mydomain.com/examples" to work, you either:
>
> 1) Use <Alias> within <Host> to alias mydomain.com to localhost
>
> or
>
> 2) copy the localhost Host element, change name's value to "mydomain.com",
> and then within that new Host element, setup a Context for whatever you
> want.
>
> John

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL