tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Apache2.0.40 Tomcat4.1.18 Integration on Linux 7.1
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:18:27 GMT
No, you don't. If you have a docBase say of /home/myapps, and an app
under there - /home/myapps/myapp, and no <Context> defined, Tomcat will
direct a URI beginning with /myapp to /home/myapps/myapp PROVIDED that
the dodBase of the <Host> is /home/myapps.

Lajos

vim m wrote:
> Do you have to include Context in server.xml? Let me
> get this straight first - Is this required when tomcat
> runs as a standalone? If so, I have never included
> anything in server.xml. Both for tomcat on win and
> linux. And they have been working fine for me. Also I
> have integrated apache and tomcat on windows without
> making any Context additions to server.xml.
>
> Another thing is, even examples dont work for me, and
> the context for that is already in the xml file. And
> there is the error in my apache's log file to be
> explained. IT doesnt seem to point to a context
> problem does it?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --- "Turner, John" <JTurner@AAS.com> wrote:
>
>>Where are the Contexts in server.xml for all of your
>>applications??
>>
>>For each "/someDir" in a URL you need a Context.
>>
>>John

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL