tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Apache + Tomcat + Virtual Host
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:08:54 GMT
Sebastiao -

Sorry I didn't get back to you ealier in the week on this.

What you need to do is add a JkMount directive inside your virtual host:

JkMount /admged ajp13
JkMount /admged/* ajp13

This is assuming that you put the LoadModule, AddModule, JkWorkersFile
earlier in httpd.conf.

In server.xml, change your <Host> name attribute to the server name you
are working with: "admged.ufu.br". Then, make sure you have a <Context>
configured to handle the "/admged" URI coming from Apache. I would suggest:

<Host name="admged.ufu.br" docBase="/web" ... >
   <Context path="/admged" docBase="admged" debug="0"/>
   <!-- other contexts -->
</Host>

Regards,

Lajos

Sebasti?o Carlos Santos wrote:
> I have a server with Apache 2.0.44 and Tomcat 4.1.18
> working jointly, through mod_jk.so, accordingly
> documented in John Turner HowTo ("Apache 2.0.43 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + mod_jk").
> All accomplished the tests after the installation and when typing the
> url http://admged.ufu.br/examples verified that the configuration
> it was correct, because the Apache is working correctly and
> JSP and servlets requests are being passed to tomcat.
> However, I am not getting to close the configuration of the
> virtual host for you ally him www.admged.ufu.br in what is said
> I respect Tomcat.
> The virtual host in the Apache is configured as having shown
> below:
>
> NameVirtualHost 200.131.195.9
>
> <VirtualHost 200.131.195.9>
>     DocumentRoot /web/admged
>     ServerName www.admged.ufu.br
> </VirtualHost>
>
> My directory tree is the following:
>
> /web/
> |-- admged
>     |-- WEB-INF
>     |   `-- classes
>     `-- logs
>
> Where:
>
> /web -> point of assembly of my directory tree
>   admged  -> folder where I will put the files. jsp
>      WEB-INF
>         classes -> folder where I will put the classes java
>

> I would like to know how the structure of JkMount would be for the
> Virtual Host in the Apache and also the configuration of the contexts
> in server.xml
> Sebastião Carlos Santos
> Oracle Database Administrator
> Universidade Federal de Uberlândia - UFU
> Gratificação de Estímulo à Docência - GED
>

> --

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL