tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: How to implement this
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:04:08 GMT
Heny -

If you are referring to single-signon, all you have to do is uncomment
the single-signon value in server.xml and restart. That way, when a user
logs in to one webapp, the roles will automatically be applicable to any
other webapp on the server. Tomcat will create a cookie names
JSESSIONIDSSO and which will have this 'global' session id.

Regards,

Lajos

Henry wrote:
> Hi FRIENDS:
>
> can anybody give me a concept about implement ONE SIGNIN at the same time?
>
> if I use servlet or jsp to implement it
>
> the way I consider about is below:
> 1 record the sessionId and userId in some media(db), then we'll know who is login and
who is not
> 2 use a demon program to determine whole sessionId which is live and correspond to db's
data if some session is dead then demon program will remove from db

--

                   Lajos Moczar
    Open Source Support, Consulting and Training

     http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL