tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Mark Balz <ChristopherB...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I get the absolute path of a file in a directory above WEB-INF directory of my web application?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:54:14 GMT
I don't know offhand how you can do that, but if you want to reach up
above the WEB-INF directory, you can use dot-dot (..).
 - CB

Peter Lee wrote:

>I am using Tomcat for servlets.
>How  do I get the absolute path of a file in a directory above WEB-INF
>directory of my
>web application?
>
>Thanks
>

>--

". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .
Another England there I saw / Another London with its Tower
Another Thames & other Hills / And another pleasant Surrey Bower
. . ."
- from "The Crystal Cabinet", a poem by William Blake.