tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Startup parameters
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:25:55 GMT
Set CATALINA_OPTS = "-Xmx256" or whatever you want. Either set it in
your environment or at the top of catalina.bat (that's what I do).

Lajos

Nathan McMinn wrote:
> OK, one quick question that I'm sure anybody here but me can answer.
>
> I am running Tomcat as a service on windows 2000 server.  I want to set some
> JVM parameters when tomcat starts (things like -server, -Xmx, -Xms, etc).
> Where would I go about making these changes?  I've looked through the
> catalina.bat file, but is this even executed when tomcat is run as a
> service?  according to the services applet in the control panel, the service
> runs tomcat.exe.  Does this in turn call the startup script? Or do I need to
> pass the parameters using -jvm_option to tomcat.exe?  As an aside, is there
> anything that can be done to optimize tomcat for execution on a
> multi-processor system?
>
> --Nathan McMinn
>

> --

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL