tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Classes not being found in app's WEB-INF directory.
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:11:59 GMT

Tim Moore wrote:

>>>It wouldn't be hard to write a custom task to do that.
>>>
>>>Seems like it would be better to fix the source tree
>>
>>structure in CVS,
>>
>>>though. It's kind of a PITA, but once it's done, it's done.
>>
>>I agree -- it just doesn't seem right to have a flattened
>>hierarchy in
>>CVS.  But I thought that in CVS you can't change the directory
>>structure.  You can add new files and dirs, but you can't remove old
>>dirs and move files from old dirs.
>

> It's possible, it just sucks.
>
> Check out the docs:
> http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_7.html

Tim:  Hey thanks!  It wasn't really as bad as I thought.  I suppose it's
easier since I'm the only developer on this project, but I just mv'd the
files, removed them from cvs, and added the new ones (the new locations,
that is).  The only drawback is that the versioning on these files
starts over, but that doesn't really matter in my case.  After adding
the package declarations to the source files, then deploying and
testing, I'm now properly packaged up.

I'm glad you sent me that link, the docs motivated me to just do it and
now I've nipped it in the bud so I won't have to deal with it when I
have far more files, down the road.  Thanks again.

Erik