tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Classes not being found in app's WEB-INF directory.
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:06:50 GMT

Raible, Matt wrote:
> Use Ant to build everything - and tell it where you want your compiled
> classes to end up.

That's a good idea.  I am using Ant currently, but hadn't thought of
doing this.  The only problem is that I use NetBeans, which requires
that the source code be stored in the proper package directory structures.

But, now that I think of it, I can use Ant to rearrange the source files
to the appropriate directory structure upon checkout, so that I can work
with them.  In other words, a target that builds the package directory
structure and copies the files to their appropriate places.

Can Ant read the package declarations of the source files to determine
where they should be placed, or will I have to hard code the paths into
the <Copy> tasks?

Erik