tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: tomcat configuration with apache 1.3.27 ssl
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:07:23 GMT
Helene -

Are you trying to access Tomcat via Apache SSL or TomcatSSL directly?
There is a difference. If you are 'hiding' Tomcat behind ApacheSSL, you
obviously need to use a connector like mod_jk and then define the
JkMounts in the SSL virtual host in httpd.conf.

If this doesn't help, try posting the relevant sections of httpd.conf.
Also, tell us which of the above scenarios you are trying to support.
Finally, I have some Flashguides at www.galatea.com on the subject that
might help.

Regards,

Lajos

Helene Figueiredo wrote:
> We are trying to configure tomcat on :
> operating system : linux redhat 7.3
> JDK : j2sdk1.4.1_01
> OpenSSL : openssl-0.9.6g
> Apache : apache 1.3.27+SSL
> Tomcat : Tomcat 4.1.18
>
> we have generate a certificate with openssl
> we have configure apache with a basic : ./configure, make, make install
> we have modified the httpsd.conf to include the certificate ssl
> we have modified the catalina.sh to include the java home
> when we use the connector no-ssl, tomcat is ok on the url http://....
> but when we use the connector ssl, there is no tomcat at the url ...
>
> Do you have an idea ???
>
> Many thanks.
>

> A 08:06 16/01/2003 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Please be more specific.  What problems are you experiencing?  What
>> connector are you using?  What is your configuration, operating
>> system, JDK
>> version, etc. etc.?
>>
>> John

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL