tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Damien Lecan <...@dlecan.com>
Subject Tomcat, log4j and strange output log
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:25:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm using tomcat 4.1.18 and I would like to use log4j in my application.

I decided to put the jar file into the common/lib directory and a
log4j.properties file into my WEb-INF/classes directory.

But at this time, classical outputs from tomcat are changed !

Before adding log4J.jar in common/lib :
15 janv. 2003 18:18:34 org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
15 janv. 2003 18:18:34 org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance

After :
0 [main] INFO modeler.Registry  - Loading registry information
0 [main] INFO modeler.Registry  - Creating new Registry instance

Ok, I thought this was coming from my log4j.properties file, but in fact
not (I removed it, and nothing changed)

More, in servlet, I cannot output debug log, just warn, info and fatal,
except if I also add log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory.

This is not really important for me, but i don't understand why this
both things happen ?

Thanks for your help

Damien Lecan