tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thom Park <tp...@borland.com>
Subject Re: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:39:56 GMT

On Windows, the WARP connector has threading issues - I believe that's
the main reason why it's mentioned that on Windows it's not supported.

I wrote an IIOP module for Apache 1.3 using mod_webapp as a starting
point and had to add quite a bit of mutex usage to stabilize the thing
under windows. When I had to move to Apache 2.0, I re-wrote the thing -
basing it on the architecture of mod_jk.

If you're working with apache 2.0 - most definitely go with mod_jk.

(IMHO...)
-Thom

--
"My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,

http://www.etsu.edu/english/muse/owen.htm

--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers
have the freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only
for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail
and any printout thereof.