tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gary Gwin <tom...@cafesoft.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to use Apache Authentication on jsp pages located on a different server?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:04:45 GMT
You can use mod_jk and Apache security to secure Tomcat URLs on the
remote server. The only thing you'll loose is access to servlet API
calls like request.isUserInRole() as the Tomcat container will no longer
be aware of the user's identity.

Gary

Raiden wrote:

>I'm using Apache 2.0.43, and Tomcat 4.1.18 (which is located on a separate
>sever).
>
>Is there a way to use Apache basic authentication to authenticate these
>pages, when they exist on a separate server?  When they're on the same
>server, I can just create a <Directory > tag, and set the authentication.
>But how do I do this when the jsp files are not on the same file system?
>
>Thanks,
>Raiden
>

>--

Gary Gwin
http://www.cafesoft.com

*   The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security    *
*   software that provides single sign-on authentication and    *
*   centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom   *
*   resources.                                                  *