tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <>
Subject troubleshooting web.xml
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:40:01 GMT
I've got a JSP in the top level of my webapp which has a form that
submits to this URI:  "login".  In my web.xml, I have the following,
based off of the default web.xml:

         This servlet is submitted to by index.jsp's login form.
         It performs the task of instantiating the user bean and
         storing it in the session, and redirects to main.jsp.
       <!-- Load this servlet at server startup time -->

I have deployed my webapp successfully per the AppDev instructions in
the Tomcat docs using "ant deploy" (I modeled my ant script after the
default one too), and reloaded the webapp from the /manager app.  But
when I submit the form from index.jsp, I am shown the message:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 404 - /login

type Status report

message /login

description The requested resource (/login) is not available.

Can anyone suggest what I might have missed?

Thank you,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message