tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Kosiol <kos...@simu.de>
Subject >>> Starting an .exe though out of a servlet
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:57:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm runnung TomCat 4.0.4 and I want to start an external .exe-File.
My Code:

        String[] runString = {relativeDataPath + "data.exe",
          parameter0, parameter1, parameter2, parameter3};
        Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(runString);
        System.out.println(runString);
        if(p.waitFor() == 0){

The 'data.exe'-File is placed in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/relativeDataPath so it should be no problem
to access this File. The Number of  Parameters etc. is OK.
But I get the following Error-Message:

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
'relativeDataPath'/bfpldata.exe parameter0 parameter1 parameter2
parameter3 error=3

Does someone know what 'error=3' mean? And how can I access this
'data.exe' and execute this File with the Parameters? The
starting-routine seems to be correct.

Thx
Patrick