tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nihita Goel <nih...@tifr.res.in>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404 with Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:13:04 GMT
I have added the Context information in server.xml as

<Context path=""  docbase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="0"/>

I checked the localhost log file and I can see messages
Webapploader[/myapp]:Deploying class repositories to work directory
$CATALINA_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/myapp
WebappLoader[/myapp]: Deploy class files /WEB-INF/classes to
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
StandardManager[/myapp]: Seeding random number generator class
java.security.SecureRandom
StandardManager[/myapp]: Seeding of Random Number generator is complete
StandardManager[/myapp:default]: Loading servlet default
StandardManager[/myapp:invoker]:Loading container servlet invoker

My class files are present in $CATALINA_HOME/Webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
directory and the web.xml is present in the WEB-INF directory....

I still get the error HTTP Status 404 with description "the requested resource
"/myapp/servlet/TestServlet" is not available.

NG