tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carl Walker <>
Subject [LONG] AJP13 Connector or IE6.0 Bug?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:27:56 GMT
I am running Tomcat 4.1.12 with Apache 1.3 using the AJP 1.3 Connector.

I noticed that occasionly my request parameters are lost when processing
an HTTP POST with a Servlet.  When I call getParameterNames(), nothing
is returned even though the submitting form has several <input
type="hidden"> elements.

The problem manifests itself when I close all IE browsers and bring up
an IE 6.0.  If I then go to a site on a Web server (not the Tomcat one)
and submit a form to Apache/Tomcat, I can't use the request parameters.
If I back up and resubmit, everything works.

I turned on the AJP debugging.  These are some of the MIME headers that
I found interesting.  Content-type, accept-language, and
accept-enconding are doubled.

accept = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/x-quickviewplus, application/,
xcel, application/msword, */*
accept-encoding = gzip, deflate, gzip, deflate
accept-language = en-us, en-us
connection = Keep-Alive
content-length = 4270
content-type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded,

For the case where I back up and resubmit, these are the MIME headers.
This set looks right.

accept = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png,
accept-charset = iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
accept-encoding = gzip
accept-language = en
connection = Keep-Alive
content-length = 4274
content-type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded

I noticed that someone on Bugzilla reported a similar problem and that
his problem went away upgrading to 4.1.17.  I plan to try this later.
However, I can't find any place in CVS that suggests that anything with
AJP has changed between 4.1.12 and 4.1.18.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message