tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: manager app permissions issue
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:24:41 GMT
Which Tomcat version are you using (works for me with 4.1/5.0)? From the
error you have provided, seems you are trying to get access to class
ManagerServlet from one of your class. ManagerServlet class is package
protected by Tomcat when running with the security manager (your case).
If you want to use it (and open a possible SECURITY hole), add this to
your catalina.policy:

  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission
"accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.servlets.";

At your own risk :-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to use the manager app but recieve the following error:
>
>java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet
is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application