tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web Deployment Descriptor& Realm
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:05:57 GMT
No since web.xml is servlet specific (and Realm are Tomcat specific).
On solution is to create your_app_name.xml that contains a <Context>
element that define your realm, put it under /WED-INF and include an
HOW-TO-DEPLOY-THIS-WEB-APP file somewhere in your war file to tell
people how to deploy your app (meaning tell the Tomcat administrator to
add the realm information to the server.xml for you)

-- Jeanfrancois