tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Holman <j.g.hol...@qmul.ac.uk>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm login failure
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:37:51 GMT
Gil

Check whether the directory server is configured to time out idle
connections. If so, the first attempt made by Tomcat to authenticate
after a long enough period of inactivity will fail in the manner you
describe. If this is the problem, you should find that after a second
login attempt has succeeded other users can authenticate straight away -
until the next long period of inactivity. You may be able fix the
problem by disabling timeout on the directory server. (You don't say
which directory server you are using).

Really there should be an option for JNDIRealm to check whether the
connection is valid and reconnect if not before the authentication
attempt is made. However its connection management is very basic!

John.