tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Roest <tom...@blahz.org>
Subject Upgrade 3.2->4.1.18 Problems
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 14:34:45 GMT
Hello Everyone,
	I've searched the archives and can't seem to find anything on thie
problem we're having upgrading our app from running against Tomcat 3.2
to 4.1.18.

Under 3.2 everything works peachy, but under 4.1.18 we're having one
issue.  We're using the Jython java python implementation as a scripting
engine inside of the app.  I've rebuilt the jython jar and our app jar
against the Tomcat 4.1.18 servlet.jar.  The problem is that inside of
our python scripts we import classes from our main package. Under 3.2
this works fine.  But under 4.1.18 the following error is returned
whenever any of the jython scripts that try to import from our package
are run.

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named polaris

As you can guess our package is polaris.

The only thing I can think of is that 4.1.18 is partitioning the
namespace differently and the jython classes are unable to get at the
polaris.* classes.

I've tried this with the following jar locations combinations

Both polaris.jar and jython.jar in:
Webapps/polaris/WEB-INF/lib
shared/lib
common/lib

jython.jar in common/lib, polaris.jar in Webapps/polaris/WEB-INF/lib
jython.jar in shared/lib, polaris.jar in Webapps/polaris/WEB-INF/lib

All with the same results.  if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

--Mike