tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Shraibman <...@selectacast.net>
Subject Re: can tomcat do dynamic virtual hosts?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:09:40 GMT
Apache already supports dynamic virtual hosting. See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html. That's what I'm talking about. The
problem is that when connecting apache to tomcat you can't map into a contect directly,
you only pass the request along to tomcat so somcat has to find the proper <Host> based
on
the requested host name. If the connector could map directly into a context then Apache
could do something like:
JkMount /* worker1:mycontext/%0/