tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Shraibman <>
Subject Re: can tomcat do dynamic virtual hosts?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:09:40 GMT
Apache already supports dynamic virtual hosting. See That's what I'm talking about. The
problem is that when connecting apache to tomcat you can't map into a contect directly,
you only pass the request along to tomcat so somcat has to find the proper <Host> based
the requested host name. If the connector could map directly into a context then Apache
could do something like:
JkMount /* worker1:mycontext/%0/

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> As for the web connectors, you'll need to ask someone who understands and
> works on them what the plans are for supporting dynamic configuration
> changes.  Given that Apache doesn't appear to support them, I would guess
> this is going to be a challenge -- but that's outside my area of
> expertise.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message