tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.x don't find libs to compile the *.jsp
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:18:36 GMT

> did you check the spelling of the jar file?
> you have:
> import usingj2ee.*;
> but you are deploying using2je.jar.

Even so... can you really import a jar file??  News to me... IME you have to
import each package within it, and the name of the jar file is irrelevant
except for making sure it's in the classpath somewhere.

So I'd suggest a 'jar -tvf usingj2ee.jar' and look at the directory
structure within it.  Do those files really all live in a directory called
'usingj2ee' within the .jar file?  And is it definitely in the 'lib'
directory?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.