tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Newbie cookie question
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:33:17 GMT
Hello joel,

Look into how the cookie path is set.  I think, by default, it is set
to the current context of your app, not the whole server.  You will
need to override this behavior.  See the servlet api for details.  As
far as the cookie disappearing upon browser close, this should happen
unless you specifically set an expiration date for the cookie of
sometime in the future.  Note that *all* open browsers need to be
shutdown in order for the cookie to go away.  If you have 2 browser
windows open and only shut one down, the cookie will still exist.

Jake

jdjc> All,

jdjc> Is there any way to code a cookie so that all the webapps
jdjc> on the same Tomcat server can receive it?

jdjc> I also need it to disappear when the browser is shut.

jdjc> Thanks,
jdjc> Joel

jdjc> This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as
jdjc> an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument
jdjc> or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data
jdjc> and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
jdjc> are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
jdjc> do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
jdjc> subsidiaries and affiliates.

jdjc> --
jdjc> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
jdjc> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>