tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject Problems Starting Server
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 19:07:55 GMT
Hello,

I have a new box that I am configuring.

I installed java jdk1.3.1_06 and set JAVA_HOME to C:\jdk1.3.1_06. and set the path to its
existance. I can call java or javac and all is happy.

Then I downloaded jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6 on D:\

I unzipped the application and set my path to its lib. When I tried to startup.bat it begins
to run, then falters. I can see that it found the java_home, etc, but then the console just
quits.

I then added a CATALINA_HOME which points to the jakarta-tomcat/bin (according to the docs)
and tried to launch the product. At that point the black cmd window does not show up.

I am administrator of the win 2000 box. I looked in all the logs, but I see no errors. I tried
to  startup and write the STDERR to a file, but it failed also.
startup.bat > C:/dead.log 2>&1

I looked at the conf file, and it is set up to 8080 and there are no other servers on this
box.?

Any ideas of what road I can try to resolve this?

Thanks,
Scott