tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Venkateshwar Bommineni" <vbommin...@elogex.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12 Directory Listing
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:23:45 GMT
I would like to use default tomcat directory listing functionality in
one of my application. Following is the context added to server.xml
configuration.

       <Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
path="/directory" docBase="C:\application\data" debug="0">
        	<Resources
className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
allowLinking="true" caseSensitive="false" />
        </Context>

1). This works fine on UNIX based systems but on Win2K box its causing
this error at tomcat startup time:
"java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base ..\C:\application\data
does not exist or is not a readable directory"
What could be the reason and is there any magic flag need to be set?

2). Is it possible to configure default Tomcats directory listing
functionality to extend like to show our own file timestamps, images
etc. I noticed that this whole default directory listing implementation
is hard coded in the "org/apache/catalina/servlets/DefaultServlet.java"
class. So is it advisable to extend this servlet class or some other
tomcat source code? what's the other options I can look for?

 thanks in advance..
--Venkat