tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Masood Ahmed <masoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.3 vs tomcat 4.1.18 and WebStart
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:34:18 GMT
Hi-

I have recently upgraded to tomcat 4.1.18 (from 4.0.3)
and notice that when I serve up a dynamic JNLP file
(JSP with page contentType set to
"application/x-java-jnlp-file"), the JavaWebstart
application is not automatically picked up for
processing the file. I get a dialog "File Download"
(yes my browser is on Win2000, and tomcat 4.1.18 on
BSD 4.3),  with text "Some files can harm your
computer...etc..and Would you like to open the file or
save it to your computer?". If I select "Open" Java
Webstart takes over and downloads the jars/resources
from that point on.

I am using the same server.xml I was using for 4.0.3
but with mods to use the new CoyoteConnectors etc. I
am also setting the mime type in web.xml for files
with jnlp extension to be "x-java-jnlp...".

I can't seem to figure out why there is this
difference in behavior when I try to use JavaWebstart
to launch an application when using 4.1.18 vs 4.0.3?

All answers are appreciated :)

thanks,
-Masood