tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gulay Top <gulay_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Memory requirements
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:16:30 GMT

Thank you Lajos,
I tought that might be the problem. So, I reinstalled tomcat, and it is already using between
1 to 2 GB of memory without any java or jsp files. I only have the default examples directory.
Could I be doing something wrong when I install it? Can it be a configuration problem?
Gulay
 Lajos <lmocz@galatea.com> wrote:Gulay -

It entirely depends on what your webapps use. Tomcat by itself can run
fairly lean - say 20-60 MB of memory. But if your webapp is a hog, like
say Cocoon ;), you'll need a bunch of memory.

Regards,

Lajos

Gulay Top wrote:

> I like to know how much memory does Tomcat 4.1 needs. When I use it it is talking up
between 1 to 2 GB of memory. What can I do to reduce this. What are the memory requirements
to install Tomcat.

> Thank you for your time.
>
> Gulay

Lajos Moczar
Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
Cocoon Developer's Handbook
(www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

_ _____
/ \ /