tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lior Shliechkorn <liorshli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Servlet Context Problem
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:37:56 GMT

Hello,

I'm having problems with the ServletContext object. When I acquire the context, it just gets
the "path" to my webApp, right? The servlet will then know what webApp it's under. Ok, so
I tried to make it work with a servlet to forward to another page.

Now the servlet is mapped as /webApp/servlet/ServletLogin - And I want the servlet to forward
control to a JSP page. But the problem that I'm encountering is that when it forwards to the
JSP page, it looks for it under the servlet/jsp/Page.jsp...and not just jsp/Page.jsp. I have
the code I used below. Any help is grealy appreciated.

ServletContext context = getServletContext();
String url = "/jsp/JSPpage.jsp";
RequestDispatcher rd = context.getRequestDispatcher(url);
rd.forward(request, response);

Lior