tomcat-users mailing list archives

From M <martin.sille...@prnewswire.co.uk>
Subject Re: log rotation - Logger Component
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:29:35 GMT
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:37:52 -0500
"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> >I see you can configure the directory, name (prefix/suffix) but what
> about
> >rotation....
> >It seems to be missing. Is there such an option?
>
> As the docs for Logger
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/logger.html)
> indicate, there is current no such option.
>
> There are many external tools available to assist with log file rotation
> and archival.  A google search for "rotate log file" yields many
> apparently-relevant hits.  A search of this list's archives
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?w=2) will show past discussions on this
> issue.

There's not a lot recently, there's been a bit on the swallowoutput option that was useful
and not in the previous release. I was just checking that this hadn't also been added.
Some of the 4.1 docs look a little incomplete and have things such as Fixme in them... So
I thought it was worth asking.

> >Is tomcat using log4j, it looks like not?
>
> Tomcat currently does not use log4j.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Martin Sillence
PR Newswire

DL +44 (0)1865 78 5065
F  +44 (0)1865 78 5100
W  www.prnewswire.eu.com
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of PR Newswire Europe. The e-mail
contents are intended only for addressee and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
this communication and notify the sender.